The History of Fertagro
- The family Talpe started the activities in agriculture back in 1921 as Distribution Company for the Belgian market, and expanded the activities to the neighboring countries.
- In 1979: The family Talpe took over the Distribution Company “Croenen & Carlier “ owned by BASF and a subsidiary in France ( Impextal) was created.
- In the 1980's: ‘Fertiltrade was established as the vehicle for the overseas markets. During the same period , the Animal feed factory was separated from the Fertilizer activity.
- In the early 2000’s the group was re-structured and Fertagro Handling NV & Fertagro Trading NV were created . The division Fertiltrade was empowered as a 50 -50 profit center with Conexa. Since then Business expanded substantially.
- In 2012 Fertagro Trading LLC in Miami (USA) was created to expand the Sales & Marketing activities in North & South America.